> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > On Behalf Of Bhairitu
> > Yes and not only drugs but many other things or everything.
> > Anyone who has taken some courses on the subject or even
> > read some books on it knows that. It's the whole basis of
> > ayurveda.
> >
> > Drugs like LSD are often mentioned as causing vata
> > derangements.
> > It sees simplistic to me. To take a more extreme case,
> > let's say a person does a lot of cocaine, or meth, and
> > the brain is effected not only chemically but visibly
> > (via Cat scan). Do you think the dosha model is
> > sufficient to explain that?
>
> Let's get all Walden on this issue's ass and cut to the
> bottom line: "Was/is the 'dosha model' EVER sufficient
> to explain fuckin' ANYTHING, or was it always a cult
> phenomenon, useful only when preaching to the converted?  :-)

I'm wondering which cult Barry believes Bhairitu
converted to...

As I said earlier, I don't believe Ayurveda can cure
serious mental illness.

On the other hand, as Bhairitu went on to point out to
Rick, the dosha system was never intended to "explain"
anything; it's just a classification system. It's
descriptive rather than explanatory. The issue is whether
it's useful as such.

And of course Barry is *totally* off-base to claim that
the dosha system has never been anything but a "cult
phenomenon." That's just extraordinarily ignorant; it's
difficult to believe that even Barry is *that* ignorant.