--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> authfriend:
> > I did not write the last three lines above, as
> > you know.
> >
> So, you don't agree that obviously, these are
> Muslim historians writing two-to-three-hundred
> years after the events they describe.

I did not express an opinion either way, as you
know.

> > You imported them and pretended you were
> > quoting me.
> >
> Quoting the author of the site you cited.

You imported those lines and pretended you were
quoting me.

> > As you also know, the notion that the name
> > "Cordoba" is somehow incendiary is false.
> >
> Not incendiary to you.

Not incendiary to anyone who's aware of the history,
as you know.

 But it is a fact that
> the Cordoba Mosque in Sapin used to be a
> Christian church, but was converted to a mosque
> during the Islamic conquest of Spain and was
> captured in 711 by a Muslim army.
>
> You failed to point this out.

The link I provided points out all the relevant
information, including the above, as you know.

> > "Imam Feisal says he chose 'Cordoba' in
> > recollection of a time when the rest of Europe
> > had sunk into the Dark Ages but Muslims, Jews
> > and Christians created an oasis of art,
> > culture and science."
> >
> > http://www.economist.com/node/16743239
> >
> > If any of you had legitimate complaints against
> > building the center, you wouldn't have to keep
> > lying about it.
> >
> Most New Yorkers are objecting to the center

As I noted in another post, most *Manhattanites*
are in favor of it. They're a lot harder for the
bigots such as yourself to mislead.

 but
> I have no opinion.

Bullshit. You wouldn't be pushing lies about it if
you didn't.

Have you ever had anybody spit at you?

Please consider yourself virtually spat upon.