On 01/05/2011 06:29 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marcio"<tmer1...@...>  wrote:
>> thank you turquoise
>>
>> sri pronunciation (shri)
>>
>>    is like sh in Fresh?
>>
>> but and the other six techniques you can say in detail?
>>
>> or do you not know?
>>
>> thank you so much
> I don't know. I got a bunch of them back during my
> Gullible Idiot days, but haven't practiced any of
> them for decades and thus don't remember any more
> right now other than one that added "sri sri" at
> the front rather than a single "sri." I assume
> that this was a technique for those who felt that
> a single sri was not toadying enough. :-)

One thing that MMY was correct about is the longer the mantra the slower
the transcending but you tend to stay at deeper levels long.  To do that
you add more bij aksharas.  That is what the "shri" is doing.  The
concern it is  a "girl" mantra and other traditions like to balance it
with a "boy" mantra. "Om" tends to be grounding and maybe might cause
some inertia in some people but usually not.

Of course back in the day nobody knew that much about this stuff until
some westerners traveled abroad and learned from other gurus as well as
some Indian guru immigrating to the west teaching other methods.  So not
much "gullibility" is one didn't have much access to deeper knowledge.