--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> yifuxero:
> > And then there are the partial truths...
> >
> is there any 'partial truth' to Vaj's claim
> that MMY murdered SBS? You failed to make any
> comments on that, so I pretty much wrote you
> off as an impartial critic on this forum.

What I have heard is that MMY was in charge of SBS's lecture schedule when SBS
was struck with food poisoning while on tour. The attending disciples were of
two opposing camps: keep him in one place so he could recover, or assume he
would recover on his way to his next lecture. MMY's camp prevailed and SBS died
on his way to his next lecture. Thereafter, the opposing camp blamed MMY for
SBS's death, and the fact that he died of food poisoning eventually morphed
into the story: "MMY poisoned SBS."

I've often suspected that MMY himself blamed himself for SBS's death, which is
why MMY was so obsessive about the whole Jai Gurudev thing. He felt,
consciously or unconsciously, that he had a lot to atone for by depriving the
world of SBS' presence.

Lawson