Precisely!  And it has to be an empowered with Shakti, otherwise you may not
"transcend" and the repetition of your life-less mantra (even with the correct
technique) will be a dead end. Sorry, you have to pay some $ to somebody...even
in Traditions claiming "free".
 http://www.fantasygallery.net/blanche/art_3_dead-end.html