> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [...]
> > > You've had witnessing 24/7 for the past several years?
> >
> > I think "taste of witnessing" implies that it was neither 27/7 nor
> > for years. You seem fixated on witnessing as if it's some sort of
> > absolute benchmark of awakening. However, if you listen to what
> > awakened people have to say, you'll find that witnessing is not at
> > all the benchmark that the TMO makes it out to be.
> >

> A couple of issues: by what criteria do you consider someone
> to be awakened?

As has been discussed, awakening is not something the intellect can
wrap itself around, so words will always fail. But, as I understand
it, the awakened person, on the level of awareness, identifies with
and as the non-localized infinite. Personally, I remain aware of only
separation; I am here, you are there.

> and: what is there about permanent witnessing that is NOT a
> benchmark of some sort, enlightenment-wise?

As Barry said, it's only a fraction. It's also a quality that can
come and go, even in the awakened.

And, another thing just occurred to me: the other day, when I was
completely overshadowed by the irritation of having to dig through
baked clay in 100 degree heat, at the same time I was still not at
all overshadowed by the emotional, psycho-sexual wiring that had been
the cause of so much pain and suffering for decades. That wiring
remains exactly as it has always been, but when I put my attention on
it, the perception of it is detached and not involved.

Alex