--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@...> wrote:

> Nah, Maharishi was fully enlightened. He showed me his vast, blazing
> enlightenment. What, You think Guru Dev made a chump? No, Maharishi was Guru
> Dev's darshan.

Yeah, you KNOW MMY was enlightened, how so? It used to be said that in order to
know if someone was enlightened, you yourself would have to be enlightened, are
you enlightened Dr. Peter?

I doubt it, at any rate, MMY never said he was enlightened, the best clue we
have to what  MMY's state of consciousness was is his book "Love and God". It
sounds like it there, but in the final analysis, nobody knows and nobody will
know, MMY will always be an enigma, which I think in itself is kind of a
disservice, FWIW.

It would have been better if he had been upfront about it, one way or the
other, IMO.