On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:46 AM, turquoiseb wrote:

Amen. Me, I've got to cry bullshit at this latest attempt to
give MMY a free ride and claim he never made any mistakes.
I think it's pure sophistry, and an attempt to project
theory or dogma onto a universe that has nothing to do
with the theories and dogma. Worse, it's trying to defend
a guru by waving dogma *sold to the defenders by the very
guru they feel that they have to compulsively defend*.

Think of it as an "ego investment" you've been making deposits on for decades, or in some cases, most of your life.

The ego will always try to build castles in the air to try to defend that territory - in this case Marshy providing the 'not to code' brick and mortar. It's what happens when we indiscriminately accept teachings without some legitimate experiential verification (or rejection) of our own.

You see the same sociological phenomenon in End of the World groups. Eventually the world doesn't end, and they go on like nothing ever happened. For years and years TMers whine 'there's no evidence that Maharishi, the Great Sage, was boning his students". Then when evidence is published for a second or third time, most TB's rationalize it or ignore it. One could give many different examples, this is just a prominent one.

"He wasn't molesting his students, he was raising their shakti!"