right, contributors! The flaw starts in IF - A; since it has to be parsed into
2 parts:

a. if the Gunas control all actions, and
b. then no one is the doer
The problem here is that the entities in question (MMY, ...anyone); are
composed of the Gunas  as - elements + organs of action, will, etc (the entire
complex of what makes up a conventional body/mind).
So, (conventionally), there are no entities separate from the Gunas, and we are
back to square one in ascertaining the dynamics of action.
The net result is that we have to resort to ordinary traditional, means in
studying actions, much of which is in the domain of science and subject to
rational inquiry without the need to grok "unfathomable" chains of karma.
To obfuscate the issues further, various stooges introduce the set of E'd
people; saying their karma is somehow different. Their first premise however
also fits into the above, since the claim is that "E'd people are non-doers".
The problem with this is that un-E'd people are equally "The Self"
(a dirt clod = the Buddha); so again we have to resort to conventional means in
investigating the nature of actions.

http://www.fantasygallery.net/bouchard/art_0_interlude.html