thx, wrt the statement:
I think that's because they don't "do anything", or else,
> they "do nothing":
we have to be careful here to first define "they". If "they" = the Self, then
It is unencumbered regardless of whether the entity is a rock or an E'd person
or a non-E'd person since Purusha as "they" (the true Self) is not a cause.
otoh, if "they" refers to the conventional person (the body/mind), then indeed
such entities are doers; again, in the conventional sense.
But all discussions regarding doership with the referent as "they' = Self,
amount to useless Neo-Advaitic tautologies conveying no useful information
except the level of ignorance of those falling into such traps.