Exactly, Richard!...
A problem can occur with:
"Bondage occurs when the Purusha does not have
discriminate knowledge and so gets misled as to
it's own identity - thus MMY says Purusha is
overshadowed by physical events and individuals
erroneously identify with the body and the
physical world."
...in that given the truth of the above, various people go on to assemble a
horde of non-sequiturs in regard to actions.
The discrimination applies to the false identification involving
Purusha/Prakriti; and has nothing to do with making "ordinary" decisions. (such
as the ridiculous notion that E'd people are incapable of making "mistakes"),
or - such persons can only perform "life-supporting" actions.
Such assumptions would indeed be mistaken, imo. The burden of proof is on the
claimants (logic, evidence,...).
PS: But in regard to "the truth"...I give Scriptural Authority about zero
weight.