--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, blusc0ut <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > When I close my eyes before starting to meditate, I
> > > immediately begin to transcend, in the sense that thoughts
> > > become more subtle ("Do you feel some quietness, some
> > > silence?"). And then I pick up my mantra at the level my
> > > thoughts have reached at the end of the 30 seconds or so
> > > (or less if the mantra comes sooner).
> >
> > This is not to devalue your experience in any way, just to compare notes.
> > But if I transcend, or what I might call that, I *can not* think the mantra
> > anymore, it is impossible. Virtually all thought are pulled out from my
> > brain. Thats the best way I can decsribe it. This may happen any moment, as
> > I might want to sit down for meditation. So, I don't know what you call
> > transcending. If I sit down, and still think I can follow a procedure, it
> > is like you think you still have to go somewhere, (in your meditation), how
> > can you call this transcendence?
> >

> Do the words "in the sense that..." mean nothing to you?

I saw that, but then why use the word transcendence at all?

> And I question your "I *can not* think the mantra" phrasing, because, in
> full-blown TC, just who would be thinking anyway and how would "they" know?

Thats exactly the difference between imagining how things are and actually
experiencing them, of trying to fit reality into prepared definitions.

The point is, one can know, if its me or knowing is there. I just said I was
comparing notes, and that what I *might* call that - there is not even a
possibility of starting meditation.