Does it occur to you that possibly these are metaphors or not something
that can be intellectualized or turned into a philosophy. The sense of
oneness that one feels with the existence and the desire to somehow
share it with others results in these metaphors, turning into a
philosophy leaves most to be confused.
But I agree enlightenment is very personal, the most personal and
intimate.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yifuxero" <yifuxero@...> wrote:

> Correction: true: "there is no individuality as a center of
consciousness". Sorry.

> But false statement: "There is no individuality", or "There are no
individuals".

> Correct statement: "There are dream-like entities that can be
considered conventional individuals".

> Otherwise, there would be no Dr. Pete to make posts. You (Dr. Pete)
are a dream-individual although (true) there is no locatable center as
that entity.
> I never said there was.  These are different issues!.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yifuxero" yifuxero@ wrote:
> >
> > Nobody is saying there is no individuality "as a private center of
consciousness". What people (many people including Buddhists) are saying
that "individuals as dream entities are real" (i.e. they are real dream
entities having the property of individuality). It appears that all
non-dualists are agreed on your statement as to the "center of
consciousness". But isn't this rather obvious?

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You keep on making this conceptual argument which does make sense
from a waking state context. But if you have clear CC experiences it
becomes quite clear there is no individuality as a private center of
consciousness. This is only a neo-advaita trap when people try to argue
there is no self in waking state. Of course there is a self in waking
state. There just isn't one in CC. So what happens to this relative self
in CC? The answer is nothing. It becomes clear that the sense of
relative self was a delusion. This is why the rope and snake metaphor is
so powerful. You could argue that the snake exists as a concept or
belief. But this would be like saying from waking state that your dream
of a tiger was real. Only in the dream is the tiger real. Once you shift
into waking state, the tiger is no longer real in this new context. The
same thing happens to the sense of individuality in CC. It's not there.
There's only consciousness which has no relative
> > >  measure.
> > >
> > > Non-localization is not a conceptual argument that can be
understood in waking state. It sounds absurd, of course. Imagine trying
to tell your dream ego that there is no tiger as it experiences the
tiger chasing it! But it is a conceptual tool that helps you in CC.

> > > By the way, I completely agree with you that neo-advaita is
nonsense, but not for the same reasons you argue. Neo-advaita is
nonsense because it offers no tools to facilitate realization and it
takes concepts that make plenty of sense in Realization, but make no
sense in waking state.

http://advaita-academy.org/Pages/Q_A_Details.aspx?cid=68&qid=111