--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Xenophaneros Anartaxius
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Ravi Yogi uses a number of special
> terms in his response to me, most of which I do not know, and was kind
enough to
> amplify them so I could grasp what they connoted.
Sorry I just used them so I could come with a set of words that start
with similar alphabet. I'm neither a scholar nor intellectual, the words
I used are common spiritual terms in Sanskrit.

> Perhaps the question I am proposing is this: is there a completely
generic way
> to describe the journey of enlightenment, without the bamboozling
> characteristics of a special vocabulary, that would appeal to the
widest
> audience?
There's plenty of giants who have tried bridge this gap; some through
intellect - I have really enjoyed Deepak Chopra and Osho in the past and
they speak/write well without the religious jargon that can be related
by Scientists, Skeptics, Atheists and the like.
Some have vanquished these barriers by pure unconditional love - like my
beloved mother and Guru Ammachi who devoid of intellectual jargon
transforms all.
> This could certainly apply to my posts, but also,
over-intellectualising doesn't
> seem to work very well with simpler folk, but it is often necessary
with certain
> groups. I realize that on forums the attention span often seems to be
about one
> sentence in duration. One would think that a group that discussed at
length
> recently "no mantra, no thoughts" would have a bit more room for a few
more
> thoughts.

There are plenty of intellectuals and skeptics on list as well, may be
your questions are too broad, you could may be start off by breaking
your questions into smaller pieces? Posting an initial post with
something that bashes TMO and/or MMY will also endear you to many and
make more respond, just kidding. I didn't mean to or wouldn't dare to
put an end to any discussion. It was just my 3 cents.