You have to remember that "Saint Judy of New Jersey" goes into high gear
during times like these because she feels everyone else is "too stoopid"
wastes a bunch of her time rounding up articles that a spin doctor for
General Electric would be proud of.   Everyone here just sees it as
amusing entertainment.  And I'm not saying she might pull up some
worthwhile articles.  It's just funny to see her go into this mode.

I live in the SF Bay Area I was indeed amazed that by Saturday supplies
of potassium iodine were gone at the local health food store and that
people had snatched up nuclear monitoring gear.  It's going to be boom
times for those folks because I suspect otherwise sales for those
products are a bit slow most of the time.

Nobody trusts the government around here nor the talking heads that get
trotted out.  They would rather have their own radiation detection gear
(usually costing less than $200) on hand to know for themselves.
Remember this is the same government that thought it was cool back in
the 1950s and 60s to spread radiation over residents of eastern
Washington, eastern Oregon and Idaho.

In the 1980s when I was back in my home town in eastern Washington I
hung out with a bunch of software engineers and nuclear techs and
managers so got a lot of inside scoop so to say.  In fact the retired
manager of the N reactor told me a bunch of stuff about nuclear
materials.  I also watched them get depressed when they shut down the
project that was to build about 6 reactors in the northwest.  I wasn't
around when funding went through for the cleanup which brought some boom
times.  BTW, hunters were advised not to bring home any deer that might
have been ranging on the Hanford reservation.  They were known as "the
deer that glow in the dark."

During WWII some of the folks in my community even worked at the Hanford
project and had security clearances.  That was about a 50 mile daily
commute for them.

Last night here in the Bay Area we had a helluva thunderstorm and little
out of season.  We usually get monsoons in January.  Yesterday a tornado
warning was up in the Bay Area and here's a video of the funnel cloud here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22nh5VglqkI

The Republicans want to cut funding even more for tsunami warning
systems and radiation monitoring.  Ask them if they'll cut military
spending and see what those two face bastards will say.  They want a big
army to protect all their pillaged dollars not that it will do any good
for them with the military out of the country.

They cheerleaders on the news are busy reassuring everyone that the
amount of radiation is less than you'll get at the dentist except that I
don't hang out the dentist for an hour every day.  And what about the
water reservoirs?

Kids shouldn't play with matches and adults shouldn't play with nukes.