--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > You know, speaking for myself alone on this one, I don't
> > > believe in lack of free will but also don't believe in
> > > free will either.  I just don't know.
> >
> > You're speaking for me as well as yourself, wayback. I
> > agree with everything you've said here about determinism
> > and free will.
>
> My recollection from conversations with the Revs crowd (Tom T, Rory, et al.)
> is that free will vs. determinism is a false dichotomy.

Its like a ball rolling down the hill. It can't roll up the hill. Or sideways.
Just down. But the course it ends up taking is the interaction of so many
factors, it can hardly be said to be pre-determined. And two balls rolling down
the same hill will find some small variations in terrain or wind or what ever,
and over time end up in quite different spots.