Alex Stanley:
> I don't know because I don't really grok determinism...

Turq and Vaj seem to be confused. In their zeal to discredit
Judy, they seem to have taken the idealist position and
opposed the scientific reasoning. Wasn't it just a few
months ago that Turq made fun of his own brother's idealism?

Go figure!

Determinism means that events happen for a reason - there
are no chance events. Anything that happens is determined
by prior events - cause and effect. Determinism has nothing
to do with God or self-determinism of human actions,
decisions, or desires.

Free will in contrast is a metaphysical notion which
postulates that an agent can make religious and ethical
choices. Ethics has to do with coexistence with an omnipotent
diety that one can be held morally responsible for their
own actions.