<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > You people who didn't actually *live* in the South during
> > > this period should stop making fools of yourselves.  There
> > > were hundreds of such restaurants.
> >
> > The key words here that Barry seems not to be
> > able to read are "along that car drive."  Unless
> > he can document such restaurants along that route
> > during those years, he's braying in the wind.
>
> ...but that's the precise point Barry is trying to make, Judy, is
> that the original poster who seems to start from the premise that
> 100% of all restaurants were segregated is the one who cannot
> document such restaurants himself because he himself wasn't there...

And you missed the words "along that car drive" as
well, even after I pointed them out specifically!

Obviously he did *not* start from that premise, or
he wouldn't have used the phrase "along that car
drive."

Moreover, you and Barry are the ones who would like
to claim there were such restaurants; it's up to
you to document the claim, not Sparaig.

> It's a stereotype that you have also obviously bought into as well.

Oh?  Please quote where I ever said anything that
suggested I bought into that (nonexistent) stereotype.

The real "stereotype" is the notion you and Barry are
trying to push, that because there were such restaurants
in the South (which nobody ever denied), therefore there
must have been such restaurants along that *particular*
highway between those two *particular* points.

Please bear in mind that what *I'm* doing is reporting
what the *Gores*--and their nanny--said about the drive
*they* made.  I've made no assertions about restaurants
in the South generally, nor even along that particular
stretch.

It does seem to me *logical* that they were telling the
truth; if they weren't, the right-wingers promoting the
slander that Gore Sr. was a racist segregationist
would have leaped on the falsehood to show the Gores
were not only racists but liars (along with their
nanny).

Neither you nor Barry has come up with any counter
to that argument.