--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfreak@...> wrote:

> Precisely. In addition, "witnessing" could also be (note I
> said "could") symptomatic of dissociation.
>
> Something good may be happening, something bad may be
> happening, something irrelevant may be happening.

Yup. My point is that I think that a lot of "spiritual
seekers" try to map what they've been *told* about
various states of attention to the hierarchy they've
been told these phenomena populate. If they've been
*told* that Experience A is "higher" than some others,
they never doubt it again, and in fact (IMO) lose the
ability to view it as Just Another Experience.

I really view all such phenomena as Just Another
Experience. I don't inherently "weight" any of them
with anything "higher" or "better." Merely different.
And I don't think I'm either cynical or "wrong" in
seeing them that way.

I've spent much of my life surrounded by people who
look down on people who are content with their lives.
They actually feel superior to them because these
folks aren't constantly seeking (and paying for)
something they've been told is "better" or "higher."
I think it's silly, and a little sad.