--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" wrote:

> > I found [witnessing] incredibly liberating, a
> > sense of having dropped all the baggage I had been
> > lugging around, a huge feeling of relief, most
> > definitely "something good." But the first time I had
> > the experience, I didn't realize it was witnessing.
> > That didn't even occur to me until it was well past.
>
> Same thing for me, Judy.  My first witnessing experience
> occurred before I even learned TM.  I was about 18 and
> knew something very different had happened for a few
> hours.  And during it I felt terrific in every way and
> functioned really well.  I had no name to give it, but will
> never forget it. Without any spiritual construct I knew I
> liked that experience. - and preferred it to my typical
> state.  It seemed a way to go through life that was so
> very easy and effortless while still doing the usual stuff.

What word would you use to describe that experience?
What term did you use before learning about witnessing?

I ask because it relates to a previous conversation in which
I elicited terms for being "with it" or "on." Barry had suggested
"openness." And the term "presence" is gaining currency; I
saw it in a New Yorker cartoon recently and thought that may
be the default term people will start using for having one's center
in the non-changing self, as opposed to being centered
in one's thoughts and feelings.

Thanks.