> Of course. It just seems incredibly self-destructive for MMY to not only
> have a secret love affair with a worshiper and then spend his time
> bashing all the other worshipers. Maybe he was supposed to be
> building her up by implying that she wasn't one of those silly people?

I think that if you look into the whole subject of teacher-student
sex in a spiritual community, you'll find that this behavior is
actually pretty common.  It seems to be part of the syndrome.
In almost every instance of it I've heard about or read about,
the pattern is the same.

I don't really understand it any more than anyone else, but
I know that it happened with Rama, I know that it happened
with Trungpa and with his senior teachers, I know that it
happened with the Zen Center scandals in San Francsico.

Go figure.  Maybe the teachers think that they're bonding
somehow with the student they're fucking by convincing
them that they're somehow "special," compared to the
other students.  Maybe it really *is* self destructive.  I
don't know.

I'm not putting you on about this.  It's just the strangest
phenomenon in the world, but it happens.  And far more
often than you might think,