> There's a new story emerging, from a very well-known and respected
source,
> which I'm not yet at liberty to divulge (sorry for the tease), which
> dramatically ups the out-of-control ante. Sorry to be so vague, but
you'll
> probably hear it before long. It's a mind-blower.

Damn.  Just as I was planning to fade in to the FFL sunset.

The soap opera quality here reminds me of when my first wife was
pregnant with our first son at MIU.  All she could do was lie in our
pod room and throw up and watch TV.  The only channel we got on our
crappy little B&W TV was ABC:  All My Children, One Life to Live and
General Hospital (anyone remember Luke & Laura?).  As it was only
during this time slot that she wasn't feeling totally like shit, that
was our "time together."  We actually named our son Jaimini, partially
due to Indian saint and (more likely) because there was a cute kid on
one of those damn soap operas named Jamie.

I did both of our class work (statute of limitations on that one?) and
tried to get her potatoes from the commissary, as it was the only thing
she could keep down.  A potato baked in our equally crappy toaster oven.
You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get a few lousy taters.  I
showed them her meal card, saying she wouldn't be eating at the
cafeteria and could I have a few potatoes.  Suffice it to say I had to
get a friend who had commissary privileges to smuggle the spuds (man,
who knows what the statute is on that one!)

Anyway, I vowed after all of that, never to watch a soap opera again.
And here I am on FFL.  Funnily enough (remember that phrase?) I met a
Scientologist who used to be on one of those shows.  He opened his talk
by saying he had been on a soap opera with the most unlikely title and
made us guess.  Yup:  One Life to Live

Most likely to tease poster:  Nominating Mr. Archer