--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@...>

> > that any experience is 'painful' if it overshadows ones
> > 'Presence or Being'...
> >
> > Without Pure Consciousness or Being established in one's
> > awareness, then all experience will be found to be lacking,
> > due to the transient nature of all phenomonal experience...
> >
> > The only lasting reality is the infusion of Being in the
> > Awareness...
>
> If I may paraphrase:
>
> "There is this subjective experience I have, which
> I call 'Being' or 'Presence.' I really LIKE this
> subjective experience, and in fact am SO ATTACHED
> to having it that I declare *all* other experience
> to be 'pain.' It's all about ME and what I want;
> if I can't feel this subjective experience of 'Being'
> at all times, I define everything else as 'pain.'
> Furthermore, I am SO ATTACHED to having this
> subjective experience that I define *it* as 'reality'
> and everything else as 'unreality.'"
>
> See what happens when you stop considering these guys
> "holy" or "wise?" If you actually examine what they're
> saying, or even what their devotees think they're
> saying, you often find that these guys are little dif-
> ferent than Son Of Sam. *Their* subjective experience
> is all that counts; everything else is not only lesser,
> it's some form of non-reality.

Well only when you are able to authentically relate to yourself can you then
authentically relate to others. To authentically relate to yourself first you
need to attain to this "being" or "presence" that you refer to. To do so you
might need to withdraw yourself from others for a while, this is only
temporary, if someone is stuck there sure go ahead and condem them. So one of
the techniques to first turn inward is to treat all other experiences as
painful - it is not the final stage, just the preliminary step. Once you reach
to this presence then you are not rejecting but in a total acceptance of all
experiences. You are no then truly able to relate to others in a loving
compassionate way.

Ammachi is a good example of this, she went through this phase of
disassociation but she realized this presence she is totally immersed in all
experiences. Embracing everyone with love and compassion, like a river as she
days. She has established hundreds of charitable institutions that help many.
Not everyone can do that but to be living in total acceptance and authentically
relate to others can be achieved by everyone. So please don't treat this step
as the final or an end product, it is just a means to an end.

Love - Ravi Yogi.