As I understand it Richard Nelson's sources were first hand sources who
acutally were in a position to know some of the details which were
alleged to have taken place.  Richard says he spoke directly with the
lawyer who handled SBS's will, and traveled to some of various places at
issue and spoke with people who were contempories of SBS, and M.  Vaj's
sources seem 2 or 3 steps removed from the events they are commenting
on, and are never identified in any detail.  Usually they are "a student
of so and so"

And then there is what appears to be the total misrepresenation of the
the Ayur Ved relationship and details with Dr. Raju, and the other guy
(I don't have time to go back and look up the exact name)  I mean there
is first hand evidence even from people on this forum (whynot for one I
believe)  that contradicts many of the things Vaj said in this regard.

Vaj has been asked to back up some of his assertaions, and as of now, he
seems to have declined that offer.  All he said was, he "heard this
directly from a student of Dr.___"

> [...]
>
> Yup. The people piling on didn't even go that far. They
> just claimed things *as if they were facts*, but without
> anything that could enable anyone to determine whether
> they were really facts or not.
>
> In other words, on one level what we seem to have here
> is a pissing contest, in which both sides are saying,
> "What I've heard is better than what you've heard." I
> call it total bullshit, on all sides.
>
> As for the "piling on" thang that Sal brings up, it *would*
> have been possible for Richard Nelson or others to just post
> a few verifiable facts (y'know...stuff including dates and
> contact information and where one could go to verify their
> claims) and leave it at that. They did not. What they did
> was to do *exactly* the same thing that Vaj did -- make a
> bunch of unverifiable claims -- and then proceed to call
> him names.
>
> So what it looks like from my side is 1) a pissing contest
> in which no one is presenting any facts, only hearsay, and
> 2) a situation in which the supposed TM supporters got their
> attachment buttons pushed so big-time that they've gone bat-
> shit crazy trying to call Vaj names and claim he has no
> credibility.
>
> Well...surprise. They don't have any, either.
>
> Everybody's just making claims. One side is also going bat-
> shit crazy trying to hurl insults. Since no one in this
> pissing contest has the least bit of credibility, I'm
> going to go with the "side" hurling the least number of
> personal insults as the "winner." And as always, that's
> *not* the "TM supporters."
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > A pile-on just wouldn't be the same without
> > > a drive-by from feste.
> > >
> > > Sal
> > >
> > > On May 25, 2011, at 2:42 PM, feste37 wrote:
> > >
> > > Vaj reminds me of the wacko political right who will say
> > > anything to put their Democratic enemies in a bad light.
> > > For example, the claims in the 1990s that Bill Clinton was
> > > involved in drug-running and that Vince Foster, the Clinton
> > > aide, was murdered. Same thing against Obama. They will
> > > say anything at all. Evidence? No need to bother with it.
> > > Just get the smear out there and watch it do its work.
> > > This kind of stuff says more about the accusers than it
> > > does about the accused. You can no more have a rational
> > > conversation with Vaj about MMY than you can with Rush
> > > Limbaugh and his ilk about Obama.
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardnelson108"

> > healers
> > toss

> > if

> > what

> > shit up and have the nerve to say you have a conscience!

> > supposed poisoning of Guru Dev. As I previously pointed out, I have
been
> > in Allahabad many times and interviewed the judge who handled Guru
> > Dev';s will and many others associated with Shankaracharya ashram.
None
> > of them knew anything about this supposed poisoning, so how could
MMY