--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:

> I am familiar with the stories. But I am also familiar with two shanks
-- personal audience with one, small group audience with another. An am
somewhat familiar with the histories of some others. I am not sure that
I would bet the farm on what these gentlemen said on any matter. I
hardly think that coming from the mouth of a shank is irrefutable. And
of course, what was said, in what context, and what was not reported
that was also said. Lots of interesting stories.

I agree.  But it is helpful to have some context for these stories, or
rumors, or perspectives.  And then you can piece together something that
might resemble what actually happened in a  situation.  Not that it
makes much difference in the long run.  But I find it useful to get
things sorted out to some extent.