Maharishi's absence of celibacy vows may absolve
him of accusations of hypocrisy, but it makes one
wonder why he asked people in his organization
to abstain from sex. The most unsavory explanation
is that he did it to wield power over them. The best
case scenario, I suppose, is that for those people at
that time, celibacy was a good thing.

Maybe Rick can find time to poll people who abstained
to get their perspectives on the experience.

 - Patrick Gillam

P.S. I've only been following these discussions with one
eye, but it's fascinating to see how we read meanings
into things. It's a theme this group has come back to
again and again.