thx, on his stmt that everything is physical, consciousness is a product of
brain functioning, etc; sounds a lot like Sam Harris. (scientific materialism),
brain comes first.
Doesn't mesh with Sant Mat, in which the prized states rely on "rising above
bodily consciousness", completely disassociating from the physical. One can
carry the argument further, in which somebody is traveling out of the body but
in the meantime a home invader comes into the house, seeing the corpse-like
body laying there, and shoots it dead.  The "entity" - person comprised of
subtle bodies, would then no longer be able to return to the physical.
However, being dead, he/she would definitely not be a product of brain
functioning.
A reversed statment might involve the subtle bodies and karmic tendencies being
the prior cause of brain functioning; since if everything is a result of brain
functioning, this leaves out the possibility of people existing beyond the
physical, doesn't it?
Sorry, but I'm dismissing the brain functioning argument as a base, grossly
false form of scientific materialism; typical of the Harris pov but I would
expect better from MMY.  At least he should read Shankara.
But I can see into his strategy. As soon as one opens the door into the
possibility of other dimensions and realms "beyond" the physical, it's a
slippery slope to Deity worship; something poisonous apparently to MMY's mind.