--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> Well I was more into the details than most people for sure and had an
> academic setting to explore it all, but this was the goal of the practice we
> are talking about.  We all devoted such time and resources to accomplishing
> this state, but the detailed knowledge about it as was kept as sort of
> arcane.  There a lot of possibilities to why and perhaps Maharishi not taking
> it seriously is not the most likely.
>
> He might have not really believed anyone would need it.
>
> At one of the first 6 month courses he declared that they were all in Braham
> and had skipped the sequential steps to stop the whining about nobody
> thinking they had clear transcendence.  This was a weird moment when they
> came back to MIU and laid that trip on us.  In this point of view people
> didn't have clear transcendence, no mantra no thought for long periods
> because we were all witnessing our meditations already.
>
> So all those detailed lectures about unity and Braman were kind of bedtime
> stories for us and he just drew the target on what his teachers were
> experiencing and declaring eureka!  They were happy with their new elevated
> status till the sidhis came out and basically proved that they were not in
> that state since they couldn't get results on anything other than the
> subjective ones that can be achieved with imagination.  (Larry Domash claimed
> he found a pen with one!)
>
> So he didn't set up a structure so that people like yourself with a lifetime
> of practice could get matched up with someone to lead you through the Brahma
> Sutras to stitch up your cloth.  Why not?
>
> I guess some people believe that all those hours of listening to Maharishi
> talk about the absolute was our Brahma Sutras.  But for a system with a
> defined goal the whole thing seems a bit cavalier and haphazard. Doubly so
> for a guy who gave us the whole concept of loss and revival of knowledge and
> the purity rap.  What is so pure about having a bunch of tapes locked up
> somewhere discussing things that no one gets to hear while meantime at every
> course you have to sit through hours tapes of self congratulatory ceremonies
> crowing about how wonderful everything all is.  Where's the beef?  By now
> every sidha should have access to all the Vedic Studies they cared to watch.
>
> Having seen many of those tapes I have to admit that there is very little
> there there, but it would at least give the impression that he took seriously
> that you needed all the information about a state of mind you were devoting
> years developing.
>
> I say if you have meditated for 25 years you should be able to hear any tape
> at any time.  I'll be there is only a tiny group of people who would take
> them up on it, and I'll bet you would be one of them

I like Trem23's (Lorenzo inmadison)post from a few days ago, pasted below. He
appears to speak from experience. Not from tapes or theory from books.

(Some years ago 6-8 maybe, if I am remembering the details correctly,
Tom Traynor said he realized (or confirmed) Brahman upon reading a short
sentence by Trem, "streched upon the surface .." for those that recall it. It
was a powerful, sentence / description.)

Direct experience is always fresh, usually manifesting in fresh ways of
expressing the totality of Existence.

Tapes -- perhaps sort of like debating how many angels can dance on the head of
a pin.

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Lorenzo" <inmadison@...> wrote:

> UC is an honest perception of another as self. It could happen like such - -
sitting in a room with others - another person walks into the room and the first
thought is "That's Me" or "I just walked into the room". . . It is not like "I
am unboundedness and this person or thing is unboundedness so we are the same"
It is not a comparison, metaphor or intellectual leap, it is a straight forward
"that's me" - - it is distinct, clear as a bell, and not subject to doubt or
misinterpretation.

> UC is this event happening more and more.
>
> BC is an altogether different thing. In BC, the distinction between inside
and outside is gone - what was inside is now outside and what was outside is
now inside - and that distinction is gone. think Hoover dam just gone, just
blown to bits, and the water coming to a true equilibrium. there is no more here
is me and here is me and here is not me - it's all the same stuff so there's no
use for the concept of me because there's nothing to distinguish me from