> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply. I have nothing to say about it
> > > because, after all, what is there to say? It was your
> > > subjective experience and thus essentially valid; there
> > > is nothing I or anyone can say about a subjective exper-
> > > ience other than "That's cool," or "Whatever."  :-)
> > >
> > > As I said, from my side I never experienced anything
> > > similar with him. Once, in fact, in Fiuggi, I was
> > > curious as to whether he'd notice anything different
> > > in *my* SOC because I'd been witnessing 24/7 for about
> > > a week, my subjective experience pretty much mapping
> > > one to one to his descriptions of CC. As it turned out,
> > > at the height of this experience he was giving advanced
> > > techniques and I got to go up and sit by his side,
> > > literally at his feet, and have him spend a few minutes
> > > with me one on one, talking to me first and then giving
> > > me the advanced technique. He didn't notice a thing.
> > >
> > > From my side, I didn't notice any change between full-
> > > on witnessing and that profound, everpresent silence
> > > you spoke of before while sitting a foot away from him,
> > > or during, or after. No effect whatsoever, and as I said,
> > > he didn't notice any change in my SOC from his side.
> > > There was a line of others waiting for their techniques
> > > so I didn't bother him with any questions at that time,
> > > and before I had a chance to do so the experiences had
> > > faded and my questions and any "confirmation" from him
> > > would have been irrelevant.
> > >
> > > I've actually heard the same experience from others.
> > > At the height of their highest experiences, mapping
> > > from their perspective one to one to his descriptions
> > > of CC, they got to be close to Maharishi and he never
> > > noticed. So much for the notion of "like knows like."
> > > Either that or he really didn't care enough about his
> > > students to notice them, period. Or any other "explan-
> > > ation" you prefer.
> >
> > I agree - this is odd, to say the least - that your Master
> > (at the time) would not say something to you quietly just
> > to acknowledge the experience you were having.
>
> Thank you again for yet another thoughtful reply. Yes,
> that thought occurred to me, even at the time. And yet.
> And yet I was at that point -- 5 months into "rounding"
> and not yet made a TM teacher -- such a TB that I found
> ways to "write off" this experience as Not Particularly
> Significant. I mean, what could be significant about it?
> One of his students having subjectively realized the goal
> he'd been selling all this time? Even if the student was
> just experiencing "early on" experiences of the enlight-
> enment process and not fully established in CC, if you
> were a Maha Rishi, shouldn't you have noticed?
>
> And yet. At the time, I was such a TB that I felt that
> any fault -- if there was one -- had to be mine. Here I
> was, experiencing word-for-word the goal that he'd sold
> [...]

I know.  We were so young then that we did not have the simple wisdom to ask
the obvious questions, like what do you make of my current experiences (to
MMY), or how can this be if I have been smoking dope for the past week?  And we
were settled into a mode of thinking that shied away from being so direct and
even thinking like that (at least I was) and we were young and respecting our
older revered teachers.  I heard from others at the time that Rama was able to
do these incredible things witnessed by hundreds, not just a few.  How in the
world do you explain that and then have him say what he did to you?  Yeah, go
figure sums it up.