> when people didn't respond to his announced enlight-
> enmentitudeness the way he wanted them to.

As elaborated in an adjacent post, the 10,000 Q&A at the mic between MMY and
those on the course were often about experiences. I never saw a big reaction
from MMY. No "hot damn! thats IT! You GOT it bro!! High five!"

One got guidance, but not ego boosting (which is a step in the counter
direction). Sometimes there was ego busting.

The / a lesson from witnessing this huge Q&A parade was that:

1) experiences were natural, they were not something to make a big fuss about,
no special status was given, everything from normalization to peak experiences
were part of the whole, no need to make a big fuss about the whole.

2) even the most detailed clear experiences were basically classified as "hmm,
something good is happening, but that's not IT." That is, what many
self-diagnosed, and perhaps self-confirmed to be higher states were not. It
produced a certain healthy rational skepticism about self-confirmed claims of
higher states.

3) one generally didn't talk about their experiences outside of the Q&A with
MMY. Progress was being made was the only important thing. No need to talk
about it or broadcast it.

4) Sort of like "the first rule of enlightenment club is there is no
enlightenment club".