> Today for some reason I found myself thinking back to
> the first time I saw Maharishi, in 1967. At that talk,
> at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, he said a few
> things that got me interested enough in the spiritual
> path that I set about walking it.

I went to the memorial service on MUM campus last nite.
For Lilian Wallace, the Wallace family matriarch.
Very much an old TM/MUM trustees event, and some
of us other old-timers who have been around all alongside of this who are not
TM-Rajas.

Very nice evening of primarily the Wallace family reminiscing about Lilian
Wallace.
She was a very large personality that was along the whole way behind the scenes
of the TM-movement by virtue of Keith Wallace and Peter.  In character it seems
she was a glamorous strong willed person of the mid-20th century.  I know her
first in California at one of the Humbolt courses with Maharishi.  Was a big
course with well over a thousand people.  Most of us sat in a field house on
folding chairs for the lectures.  Up front was an area of stuffed chairs set
out for the "rich ladies from southern California".   They were the supporters
of the 1960's.  They were of that generation.  'Made-up' and dolled up they
were taken care of up there.  Initially Lillian it seems was brought in and
introduced to TM and maharishi by her kids, Peter and Keith, she was of that
time.

The speakers at the memorial spoke stories of those times and her life.  It was
fun.  Especially was Peter going on about he and his mom being with old
Yogananda followers, learning kriya meditation and practices early on,
Buddhism, and going to india and being with saints there.  Anandamayi Ma.
Peter was warm and animated.  On the other side of the stage while Peter waxes
on about visiting saints in India are Bevan and Keith stoically listening.  It
was a moment.

Patronage.  Was interesting to see the room, staging, and relationship of the
Wallace clan to it.  Keith is first scientist of the TM-order.  He is not MUM,
not a Raja neither.  Bevan is evidently powerful.   In the greeting of folks
there was some ring-kissing demonstrations of fealty with Bevan going on as
well as chit-chat.  The position of the Wallaces is a special place, emeritus
in a way by virtue of Bevan evidently.

Bevan batted clean up as speaker and gave a nice statement drawing on a
principle.  It was nice and enlarging.

I've gone to a lot of memorials of the meditating community the last few of
years.  Mostly the folks who would attend are the closer friends or co-workers
of the deceased.  Something I was noticing about some of the memorials is that
even with some of the most true-blue rank and file people who have been around
making things happen by deed of their work or money, often the level of this
upper movement is not present with the families and friends of the deceased at
memorials within the meditating community.  This particular memorial was of the
Taliban-class of the TM-movement.  Evidently as a class they were present for
this.  It wasn't necessarily large.

In looking, the two people who were particularly lit of the whole group were
Craig Pearson and Susan Humphreys.  Hopefully they can outlive the larger force
of being there and usher a new feeling to the group.  It's a pretty cold group.
 Lord help 'em.

- Buck in FF