--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> I haven't met anyone yet who wanted to stick around in the same bag of
bones. Of course all of the people I've known who passed away had bodies
worn out by old age, illness or injury.

Well then, I guess that this issue is settled law, now that you have
weighed in on it.  You haven't met anyone who felt this way, so it must
not be valid.   I don't think you realize how often your comments have a
condescending tone.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" dhamiltony2k5@ wrote:
> >
> > Now that is special. Special in that special way that proly makes
Turq, Curtis and Vaj with mediators here sort of uncomfortable. I know
someone ( my wife for instance) who as a nurse has done hospice or
end-of-life care for a lot of people and she has also experienced this
on occasion. People are different. She is pretty intuitive with the
experience. For the person transitioning it can start off quite lucid or
not. On death of the body it might take a while for the subtle system
that houses the soul to close down and sometimes the body can remain
quite soft or flexible for a while. It's different with different
people. With some people it just all shuts down. There are things that
can be done spiritually to facilitate things spiritually. That's been
her experience. These monks may well be up to something. Going 20 days
without decay at room temperature is remarkable. Differently, apparently
they embalmed Maharishi to keep this body, ship his body and keep him
presentable after death. Most first= world places require the body be
dealt with sooner than later for public health reasons. Usually it
starts smelling within a very few days. Refrigerating slows that down,
hence the funeral home industry. But, there may be more going on than
meets the eye with this Lama.

> > -Buck in FF
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@>
wrote:

> > > Kind of icky. Reminds me of what my wife says sometimes, "just
because you can doesn't mean you should...".

<http://tvnz.co.nz/sunday-news/dead-buddhist-man-in-death-meditation-par\
t-1-