> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > [...]
> > > If that's what you want out of a spiritual teacher, I'm sure
> > > there are many out there who will provide it.  Me, I'd be
> > > happier with someone who told me the truth.
> >
> > What is truth?
>
> And from what state of consciousness?
>
> Hilarious.

It is true that knowledge is different in different states of
consciousness. However, in my opinion, we only benefit in our quest
for spiritual growth if exposed honestly and forthrightly to an
enlightened point of view, no matter the discomfort it causes us.

It is like being disciplined as a child. If we are always presented
with just the child's point of view, we never grow up. So the
realities of the enlightened and the ignorant are quite different, and
at the same time it greatly behooves the ignorant to be exposed to the
naked reality of the enlightened, if they truly want to gain that
release of suffering for themselves.

Of course, the ignorant are always free to continue suffering
eternally if that is their choice; forever approaching freedom and
then backing away, because the perceived pain of confronting their
boundaries is greater than the perceived reward of freedom from
suffering. Totally their choice. Personally, I call that fence sitting
and it has never any much benefit for me.