On Jun 27, 2011, at 3:09 PM, maskedzebra wrote:

> I am, however, going to ask you to slow down on the tour preparations. That's
> a pretty big move for this willed introvert (once exuberant performer).

Never mind the tour, mz~~could you just do another
helicopter drop?  That was one of the coolest sights
I've ever seen on the MUM campus.  That was real,
man.  It's definitely high time for a repeat.

> But if you can guarantee the cash up front, I might consider it.

Now you're talking like a true TMer!  Forget mantras,
we *know* what's important, right?

> But in the meantime let me do a Novena on it, and then pay for a Yagya to be
> down by the sages in India. I'll put in a fast and some silence while I'm at
> it. And, I promise you,  DO MY PROGRAM.

Aren't you forgetting the tarot cards and salt over
the shoulder?

> I've getting a little nervous that well before the week is out, I will find
> myself approaching twelve o'clock (50 posts), and therefore will leave many
> of my dear readers frustrated—and imperilled by their ignorance.

mz, that is thoughtful of you to consider your many
devoted readers here~~but, as the song says, if
you post out early, well...WE WILL SURVIVE.

> (Yes, you are right: this means I WILL continue to post.

Whew.

> Reason? It's that CurtisDeltaBlues fella—if he weren't on this blog I never
> even would have begun to post—let alone be persuaded to stay with it for a
> while longer. I like that guy, even though I only know him from his posts—and
> his music via video.)

Curtis is the real deal.

> But, who knows why? you have decided to put the welcome mat out for me, and
> believe me, I appreciate it. I can keep my stiletto in my pocket (only used
> for defensive purposes of course) when writing to you. No tricky
> stick-handling—or hard body-checks.
>
> Yeah, that Maharishi guy, he was SOMETHING ELSE. No one yet has defined him
> in terms of how he appears in eternity (you know, at the level of the actual:
> where things get DONE in creation)—like what kind of greeting he got when he
> went through his dying. No doubt about it, the shrewdest, most hardball,
> brilliant (in more than an intellectual sense), slyly egotistical, beautiful,
> seductive human being for two thousand years.

Yes, MMY and Jesus~~sooner or later their
names will almost certainly become interchangeable.

> And more stage presence than anyone other than Jesus. But for all this, not a
> good man, I think. Not, then, loved by God (wherever he is, whatever he's
> doing). But so far, it seems, my life has pretty much been all about him—and
> then getting the hate on for him. The best proof of God it seems to me (in
> this era at least: since we were born) is the very fact of the existence of
> someone like Maharishi, for, like no one else could—or ever did since
> Christ—he made you feel: "This is It!"—he gave me (and you I must believe)—at
> least in the beginning—the best version of what could be the TRUTH—measured
> by EXPERIENCE—that was possible. Once he went down (sort of disgracing
> himself at the end: becoming slightly mad and touched) then there was no one.
> All of us former initiators are living in the negative or ambivalent (or for
> some, positive) legacy of Maharishi. We can't help it. It sets us apart from
> the rest of humanity. A different form I guess of the mark of the beast. To
> try on another metaphor.
>
> About that Turq guy, i am sure he'll put me on my guard soon enough, but
> given your tacit warning, I think he must be doing a rope-a-dope, because but
> so far at least, I don't get the feeling he is about to surprise me with a
> fast uppercut. No blows landed so far. But, based upon your implicit
> estimation of him, I'll be watching for the knock-out punch.

Turq is the real deal too~~he always saves his best
for when you're not looking for it.

Sal

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional