Dear MZ - I'm losing you.
I asked you for your experiences on becoming clean i.e becoming
enlightened or going beyond belief but instead I have is how you
switched from one set of dirty underwear (your beliefs on Vedic
philosophy/MMY) to another set of dirty underwear (Catholicism/Aquinas).

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Had I started to experience exactly what happened to me on that
mountain just above Arosa, Switzerland in September 1976—having only
known (about) reality through the writing of Thomas Aquinas—now
realize, I am going to be totally honest here—I WOULD HAVE
IMMEDIATELY SENSED SOMETHING MYSTICALLY FOREIGN AND EVEN ANTITHETICAL TO
THE TRUTH I LEARNED FROM AQUINAS.

> Now you understand, authfriend, in this hypothetical situation, I did
not, before this moment, have any EXPERIENCE of reality—beyond my
ordinary waking state experience. That is, I am not, for purposes of
answering your question in the way that I believe draws out the meaning
and import that is behind the posing of this hypothetical situation,
assuming ANY contact with reality in any mystical or supernatural sense.
I have had, as it were, up until this decisive moment in my life, no
religious experiences whatsoever—a very different antecedent
circumstance than what was the case when I historically (actually) went
through this enlightenment experience ('slipping into Unity').