--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:

> From: nablusoss1008
> >
> > "danfriedman2002" <danfriedman2002@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Quite understandable. A member of FFL got a hold of
> > > my spouseĀ“s email address and sent a distastful email
> > > to her. I believe that spouses and children are offbounds.
> >
> > Could it be one of the two Buddhists here ? :-)
>
> Does it have anything to do with their being Buddhists?
> What if you were to
> ask, "Could it be one of the Jews here?"

Thanks for the thought, Rick, but it's really not
necessary. As I've explained many times, I'm not
even a Buddhist. Rama was not a member of any real
Buddhist sangha, and I've never become a member of
one at any point in my life. I never will, because
I just don't "do" groups any more. Besides, I dis-
agree with many of the primary tenets of Buddhism.
As in the FFL credo on its home page, I take what
I need from Buddhist thought and leave the rest.
These days I find a great deal more inspiration
in Taoist thought.

As you suggested in a followup post, I think we all
know that Nabby is merely acting out his hatred of
Buddhists, something he learned from Maharishi. (And
which MMY learned in kind from Shankara and his whole
tradition.) Did Maharishi ever dump on Taoism? If so,
Nabby could switch over to calling me a Taoist. :-)

Others who throw around the word "Buddhist" as an
epithet are trying to find some word that they can
use to 1) bag me and Vaj, 2) try to get under our
skin by poking at things they think we believe in
because they think it'll push our buttons the way
that the things we write push theirs, and 3) they
like referring to people they don't like with nick-
names they consider insulting. You know, like "dork"
for do.rflex, or calling another poster Stupid Sal,
or referring to Vaj as Vag or Curtis a "hillbilly."

I don't take any of this very seriously because I
don't take any of the people doing it very seriously.
I doubt Vaj does, either. Truth be told, that's prob-
ably the main reason they continue to obsess on us. :-)