On Jul 12, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 10:54 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Notice of Infringement

[Rick wrote:]
> I don't agree. Nabby constantly uses "Buddhist" as a
> pejorative. If he constantly referred to Jews with the
> same tone, I think you would be offended.

Being a Buddhist is a choice. Being Jewish is not.
It's completely out of line for you to equate the two.

As to Nabby's lack of respect for Buddhism, Vaj and
Barry don't respect Hinduism, but I don't see you
criticizing Vaj or Barry, just Nabby.

> He also often refers to the "Dolly" Lama, not only in an
> attempt to rankle anyone (especially Vaj and Barry) who
> might respect him, but to belittle the man

And of course neither Vaj or Barry ever refer to MMY in
a belittling manner in an attempt to rankle those who
might respect him, right, Rick?

Boy, this seems to be double-standards day on FFL.

You have a point Judy. Can’t dispute it. I think it’s juvenile whoever does it. As Bill Maher said last night on Piers Morgan, people have a problem with nuance. It’s so easy to paint people and things in black and white, but reality is never that way. From my perspective, there’s much more good than bad to be said about Maharishi, the Dali Lama, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. It’s silly to paint any of them entirely one way or the other.

I'm actually a great lover of Hinduism. But it doesn't mean I have to love EVERYTHING about Hinduism. So, no, I don't like widows hurling themselves onto funderal pyres and while I love many saints and many different traditions, not so much the pedophiles posing as saints - and the followers trying to whitewash history to make such creeps look like miracle workers (when they're merely glorified street magicians).

I DO like to see the historical record set straight and then people can decide for themselves what's what. That's certainly the case with MMY where the remaining hardcore TB'ers work hard at making him look like "the greatest rishi of all yugas" and thus to obscure the actual historical record. The truth is better than fiction.

Buddhism's not immune from these same patterns. There are scam artists everywhere. There are also beautiful people in the most unsuspecting places.