--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:

> This is a twofer; one for Steve from the wife and te other
> for Turq from me.
>
> The wife says:
>
> "The super fit American woman, with incredibly long legs,
> is waiting in her vehicle, which is running, near the
> entrance to a Walmart, waiting for hubby-who she plans
> to run over when he loads his Sunday football snacks
> into another vehicle".

Not for the first time, I get the feeling that
I would really like "the wife." :-)

> Turq,
>
> Would the Zen Koan: "what is the sound of
> one hand clapping?" cause cognitive dissonance?
> And if so, would the koan change the predilection
> the zazen practitioner?

It all depends who you're clapping for, doesn't it?

If you're clapping for the Backstreet Boys, then
IMO nothing that either karma or koans can produce
can save you from yourself. If, on the other hand,
you are clapping for more meaningful claptrap,
anything can happen, one hand or two.