--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb
<no_reply@...> wrote:

> I am told that Adi Da once got five figures for
> a used Q-tip still containing some of his holy
> ear wax. Really. And that's a lot more difficult
> to put in a glass case and pass around to the
> brothas and sistas before a meal.

Round my parts a cafe owner has created a 'museum of
celebrity leftovers' (and is now auctioning them for
charity).

http://goo.gl/2HnBc

Guide to the estimated value of items in the Museum of
Celebrity Leftovers:

Prince of Wales, heir to the throne – Small lump of
bread pudding, made to Mrs Bennett's traditional
Cornish family recipe, good condition – £300

David Bailey, photographer – Crust from cheese and
tomato sandwich on Cornish speckle bread, some seeds,
mould-free – £100

Hugh Dennis, comedian, star of popular sitcom
Outnumbered – Shell fragment from egg used in his
sandwich; crumpled, otherwise good condition – £100

Sharron Davies, Olympic swimmer – Single blackcurrant
from Cornish-made Callestick blackcurrant and cream
ice cream, dry but in good condition – £100

Michael Winner, film director, restaurant critic, car
insurance advert star – Uneaten piece of lemon drizzle
cake, small – £100

Eddie Marsan, actor, appeared with Jude Law and Robert
Downey Jr in the film Sherlock Holmes – Fragment of
Cornetto wrapping, good condition – £60

John Woodvine, actor in more than 70 theatre
productions including the RSC's 1976 production of
Macbeth with Dame Judi Dench and Sir Ian McKellen –
Single flake from a croissant; smallest exhibit in the
museum, requires careful handling or will blow away,
otherwise good condition – £60

Jan Leeming, ex-newsreader – Piece of crystallised
ginger from Cornish ginger ice cream, good condition –
£60

Mia Wasikowska, Austrian actress, star of Tim Burton's
film Alice in Wonderland – Courgette slice from her
mixed Mediterranean vegetable soup. Blackened, some
shrivelling – £60

Mark McGann, actor – Brown sugar packet, contents
consumed in his large cappuccino. Scrunched – £60

Paul Heiney, TV presenter and journalist – Anchor
wrapper from butter consumed with toast and scrambled
egg. Crumpled – £60

Pete Goss MBE, sailor – Chocolate sprinkle from his
cappuccino, good condition – £60

Admiral Sir Jonathon Band, First Sea Lord from 2006 to
2009 – Raisin from Mrs Bennett's home-made fruit cake,
excellent condition – £60

Steve Swindells and Jerry Richards, from US rock group
Hawkwind – Grounds from their coffees, crumbs from a
shared chocolate brownie, good condition – £60

'Shanks', musician from dance music duo Shanks and
Bigfoot – Small piece of potato from Cornish pasty,
hardened to pebble- like consistency but no mould – £60

Katie Carmichael, Coronation Street and Waterloo Road
actress – Ice cream cone end. Good condition – £50

Tristan Sturrock, actor, starred in the film Saving
Grace – Used decaffeinated coffee packet, signs of
tearing – £50

Mary Woodvine, former EastEnders actress and daughter
of John Woodvine – Coffee grounds from her cappuccino.
Excellent condition – £50

William Tyler, musician from the US band Lambchop –
Baked bean from cooked breakfast. Entirely black,
mould hair removed – £50

Johnny Rutherford, reporter from the BBC regional news
programme Spotlight – Pepper grains sprinkled on
sandwich, good condition – £50

Craig Rich, retired local BBC weatherman – Pastry
corner of Cornish pasty, excellent condition – £50

Patrik Fichte, 'heart-throb' actor, big in Germany –
Tomato skin and salt granules from cheese, tomato and
salt sandwich. (He insisted on the salt). Some
blackening on the tomato – £50

Ursela Monn, German actress and singer, has co-starred
with Fichte – Scone crumb from her cream tea, taken in
the company of Fichte. Good condition but small – £50

Peter Knight, musician from 1970s folk rock group
Steeleye Span – Napkin, stained brown from spilt
coffee drops – £50

Stephanie Creek, former member of café staff who
appeared on The Weakest Link – Chickpea from a mixed
salad enjoyed during her lunch break. Dry, but in
excellent condition – £50