--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:

> Thanks for that Rory, you have mentioned Jay before and I would totally
> agree. Do you really think that the state of consciousness are illusory,
> at least at the relative level?

* * My pleasure, Ravi! From the viewpoint of a separate self, ego, or
intellect, no, states of consciousness are quite "real". States of
consciousness dictate the quality of our ego's relationship with Reality or Us
-- or more accurately, the quality of Our relationship with our egos or
I-points, as the responsibility for that relationship ultimately rests with Us.
Or better still, our egos' responsibility lies in having faith enough in Us to
contact Us, and in being truthful enough about their needs to get Our
attention, and Our responsibility lies in giving them Our attention and Our
unconditional Love, and in giving them the fulfillment of whatever they need,
Here and Now.

>IME I would say they were temporary,
> transient and served a valid purpose, as in propelling me forward at the
> relative level.

* * Yes, absolutely! :-)

>I would say I spent about 9 weeks in this state, however
> any more and it would have probably killed me. If you believe it can be a
> transient state, would it be possible for one to be in it for a long
> time such as 15 years?

* * Theoretically, yes. Why not? Anything is possible. We thought we were in
ignorance for even longer than that! :-)