--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Yeah, there's no "In God We Trust"—but that's some of your
> > > Founding Fathers at work on their metaphysical branding: the
> > > effects of their death initiation into Freemasonry.
> >
> > FWIW, "In God We Trust" didn't appear on U.S. currency
> > until during the Civil War, in 1864 (and was first used
> > on a two-cent coin). It didn't appear on paper money
> > until 1957.
> >
> > In a quick Web search, I can't find anything connecting
> > the phrase to the Founding Fathers, or to Freemansonry
> > (although there are Masonic symbols on our paper
> > currency).
>
> RESPONSE:
>
> I goofed on the In God We Trust. I meant the Annuit Coeptis,
> the eye at the top of the pyramid: the Great Seal. But I did
> get edified, and I thank you for this. I am decidedly *not"
> a conspiracy theorist in any way whatsoever, and I was more
> or less ripping it up with Bob—

I figgered. You never know who's going to run with it,
though. Big hoohah post here a week ago about how the
Norway shooter was a hypnotized slave of the Freemasons,
for example.

> although I did note, in reading a Harry Truman biography
> that he was (he said so) much prouder of being the Grand
> Master of his Lodge than President of the United States.

Huh, strange. Didn't know that.

> That kind of got my attention. I think my interest in
> Freemasonry as a powerful occult force was piqued by my
> reading of Hugh Thomas's "The Spanish Civil War" where
> the nationalists under Franco believed in the spiritual
> (heretical as it was to them) potency of some of the
> Republican politicians, because of their being 33rd
> degree Masons. This was made very explicit by certain
> Catholic members of the same political body. And Thomas,
> a distinguished historian saw fit to make reference to
> to the significance of Freemasonry any number of times
> in his definitive book (Not that *he* himself implied
> that FM was an objective influence in the Revolution;
> but certainly many who fought under Franco considered
> the Masons literally a diabolical power, and the higher
> degree the Mason, the more he could threaten Christ and
> His Church).

No kidding, I didn't know that either. My late uncle fought
in the Lincoln Brigade. As you can imagine, he had lots of
stories to tell, but I don't recall him ever mentioning this.
He may well never have heard about it, but if he had, he'd
have thought it was hilarious. He wasn't into mystification.

The Freemasons themselves don't interest me as much as
all the theories about them, frankly.

> It got me thinking about George Washington and Ben Franklin,
> two devout TMers, as it were.

What about them? Do you think they engaged in occult doings?
Do you think any of their power came from being Freemasons?

>  <snip>
> > > Authfriend, I did come to learn was a woman. And watch out
> > > for her! She is fearless and formidable—and, I believe,
> > > damn honest. But in a sense she can't help it.
> > >
> > > She was Born This Way.
> >
> > Thank you, Robin. Not sure I was born that way (how could
> > I tell??), but I sure was *raised* that way.
>
> RESPONSE: Of course. But it seems to come so naturally to you.
> This ferocious honesty and anti-sentmentality. I was interposing
> Gaga there for short-hand. I am sure you grew into this. It's
> just kind of impeccable in its operation. No equivocation, or
> dissembling. You seem to stay objective, or rather where you
> come from seems imperturbably the same—no messy subjectivity
> there.

Well, I'm probably as subjective as the next guy, but I
do try to compensate when I'm aware of it. Thanks again
for the flattering characterization.

> > I'd appreciate it if you called me "Judy," BTW. I had never
<snip>

> RESPONSE: Got it, Judy. I aim to stay on your good side—without compromising
> my integrity in any way. But if I come under your guns, I will know: You
> deserve this, Robin.
>
> Just in passing: whatever I have said about the United
> States, whether in jest or in earnest, know this: I love
> being there, and would rather travel in the United States
> than anywhere else in the world [liking myself to certain
> members of Congress who wear it as a badge of honour that
> they have never left the borders of their country]. Some
> of the best experiences in my life have interestingly
> enough occurred in the United States of America, and
> sometimes, when I need a breather, I find myself saying:
> Got to get to the USA!

It's an interesting country, huge flaws and huge virtues.
Gotta have an iron psychic constitution to live here and
not go stark staring bonkers. I can imagine it would be a
treat to travel here if one doesn't have a chip on one's
shoulder and can kind of squint one's eyes if necessary.