--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> > Yeah, I get it, seventhray1: I *am* kind of preoccupied with myself.
> It's that attempt to get in on God's omnisubjectivity: trying to always
> understand my own first person perspective: trying to experience it,
> shape it, understand it, from the point of view of the existential
> choices I have made throughout my life, and from the point of view of
> what God himself put there. That is, my experience of being Robin is
> both the product of how I have been made by what I have *done* (my
> actions) while at the same time is the unrepeatable and unique form of
> subjectivity that God has decided to create as the me that I am—in
> imitation of the me that he is.
>

> Thanks for your reply.  What really comes to mind is that I am so pissed
> off that Sid Crosby got knocked out by such a cheap shot, and I hope he
> returns soon.

RESPONSE: A thought exactly aligned with mine. When Crosby went down, I started
to believe hockey was cursed—Sidney Crosby being the most beautiful hockey
player in the world. That this concussion knocked him out of the game seemed to
make hockey suddenly something less than it was. Maybe God hated hockey, since
Crosby was the most complete player—and the most attractive athlete playing
this sport.

I stopped watching hockey until the playoffs tempted me back. Just because of
Sid not being there. There was this void in the NHL—no, in the entire world of
hockey. Any good angels watching over hockey fled because the player they loved
the most had been knocked out of the game by a cruel and perhaps even illegal
shot to the head.

For me, ever since Sidney Crosby came into the NHL, hockey seemed different.
Crosby was much more to hockey than Tom Brady has been to the Patriots. I said,
seventhray1 that hockey was finished. There was even talk that Sidney would
retire. But it doesn't feel like that anymore. I am sure he's coming back. He
is as winning an athlete as I can remember in my lifetime. Every young hockey
player looks up to Sidney as possessing every desirable quality: both in terms
of his skills, and in terms of his attitude and personality.

Hard not to love Sid the Kid. Hockey will never be the same until he is playing
again.

Thanks for this, seventhray1.