--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pall <thomas.pall@...> wrote:

> I must have missed a post or two.   That happens when you have to forward
> posts to places that forward posts so you can read them.   But I digress.
> Is Alex going to start counting long posts as two posts?    That doesn't
> seem fair at all.   Those who write long posts like RC, the show salesman
> who bid us goodbye but stayed, Rory and Ravi to name a few, take up
> bandwidth but offer little content.  I believe their posts should be counted
> at half or a quarter of the normal rate.  Why limit a person to 50 posts if
> they have have little if anything but a free association of their stream of,
> ?consciousness? to offer?   Let 'em post away.  Keeps them off the street
> where they could wind up raising someone's insurance rates as the drivers,
> against their better judgement, gun their car's engine and aim straight at
> them when they see these hopeless ?souls?.

RESPONSE: Oh Tommy: You really must cease these attacks upon me. I insist on
this. You are really missing something, Tom: because my posts *are*
relevant—Why are they relevant? Just because of the misanthropic tendency in
you. If you read them as they coming pouring out of my golden heart, they might
cure you of this hatred of your fellow men.

I note: you will never deign to address me personally. Should I take this as a
gesture of mercy on your part (meaning: if I did, Robin, I would annihilate
you: No, you will be grateful that I do not move in for the kill, Robin)?

But back to my main point, Tom Pall: You are a gadfly a little out of control I
think. Am I suddenly getting too serious there? Maybe so. It all comes down to
this, Tom: You are hurting my feelings, and as you can see, I am employing
irony to conceal the wounds that, I must admit, have been inflicted by the
moral command of your soul.

No, I confess: it's all good, Tom. But if I thought to visit Austin some time,
I have second thoughts about it now. Imagine actually running into you at
Starbucks there: We accidentally jostle against each other just as someone who
is sitting at your table calls out your name: "Tom!"—and I am suddenly
emboldened to ask: "Is your last name Pall? [You answer in the affirmative]
Well, guess what? I am that Robin guy you used as a pinata at FFL. See, don't I
look too nice for you to have insulted me the way you did?"

No, Tom: keep it up, cause I think I get it: You have to be this way and you
will be this way. My days of saving souls, well, I think they have come to an
end.

It's a beautiful place, this universe, don't you think, Tom?

A hearty Canadian greeting goes out to you. Don't worry: someday I'll catch on,
and then I will end up thanking you. But when I do—and you still are
bitter—then I will know: Well, I guess I was right the first time. Now what on
earth should I do? He was correct: I *was* a windbag—but having admitted to
this, he won't give me any credit for recognizing the truth of his ridiculing
of my vanity.

Hi, Tom.