Ah aircondition and tel line are off BUT INTERNET WORKS!lets make use of
it in the middle of the night...
BTW  wouldn't you agree,most of the Priest-Minister-Rabbi jokes in which
the Rabbi provides the punchline are downright flattering: usually the
Jew cleric is presented as being witty, shrewd, and full of common
sense--and if he's a little less than selfless and contrite, it's
because he knows you need to have "chutzpah" to do fend for yourself in
a" gentile world". Anyone who seriously finds these anti-semitic(you
made it clear Madame J, you didn't!)  can't be too familiar with the
kind of jokes and stories for example  Ashkenazi Jews  tell about
themselves, which are often far less gracious.
  Watch a staple of Eastern Europeans humour in general to cast people as
compromised, miserly and petty vis-à-vis the noble ideals they set
out for themselves (e.g. The Good Soldier Švejk, or Bohumil Hrabal's
I served the King of England, or Ephraim Kishon, or a thousand and one
other examples.)
The bottom line is always that people are lovable in all their petty
transgressions and misdeeds, who would (want to) think otherwise.

See Gordon and his" badkhn theory" at Jewish and non-Jewish venues.
http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?ID=210637&R=R1
http://tinyurl.com/4w4sht2
"The badkhn was a staple in East European Jewish life for three
centuries, mocking brides and grooms at their weddings.His humor was
biting, even vicious. He would tell a bride she was ugly,  make jokes
about the groom's dead mother and round things off by  belittling
the guests for giving such worthless gifts. Much of the  badkhn's
humor was grotesque, even scatological."

Curb Your Enthusiam - The Bat Mitzvah
   Larry David in a moment clearly descended from the "badkhn"
tradition, takes the stage at a Bat Mitzvah as part of a botched effort
at score-settling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqWlmqOJeME
http://tinyurl.com/3roky28

Larry David acts Jewish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iENMor5V5o&NR=1
http://tinyurl.com/4xfczt7

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> Don't think either of you intended any anti-Semitic
> slurs; I just pointed out that it's the rabbi who is
> the butt of both jokes. Little consciousness-raising,
> don'cha know?
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, merudanda no_reply@ wrote:
> >
> > Oh fair Judy-a! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
> > Be all my sins remembered.
> > Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
> > And thus the native hue of resolution
> > Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought...
> >
> > good night- farwell..
> > To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub, ..
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, merudanda <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Jude, don't make be bad...
> > > be a" friend "to the "authors" of these jokes...(not us [;)] )
> > > and this poster, too [:x] have mercy
> > > alone fearing the creeping ghost of midnight and the coming stormy
> > > daylight
> > > 08.08=ba ba day=father's day-will be
> > > and my kids are on the other side of this gobe
> > >
> > > look at these scary picture /symbols of bab ba:
> > >
> > > me holding on, not fearing  the taiphoon-- not  fleeing like the
> > > other-being brave in order to "lighten you up" over there at
FFLight

steve.sundur@

> > methods
> > > of