--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardwillytexwilliams" <willytex@...>
wrote:

> Bhairitu:
> > In this day in age we might also favor helping
> > people set up their own businesses...
> >
> How are you going to do that when you want to
> raise taxes for those earning over $250,000 a
> year? Raising taxes on small business is NOT
> going to help! You're not making any sense.

The vast majority (88-some percent) of small businesses
don't make enough to be affected; and only 2.4 percent
of those that will be affected (those with $1 million or
more cash income) will see a moderate-to-significant
decrease in after-tax income.

Plus which, a substantial number of that 2.4 percent are
one-person businesses that create few or no jobs anyway
(lawyers, artists, doctors, athletes, etc.).

Another substantial hunk of those taxed at the highest
two rates are wealthy wage-earners and investors who have
some income from a small business or from rental
properties or royalties.

Bottom line, the number of jobs potentially lost by
allowing the Bush tax cuts on those earning over $250,000
to expire as scheduled is *tiny*.