I highly doubt that Willy has a clue about what it is like to actually
have some money. Isn't he just a janitor?  But you know he's going to
win the lottery any day now ..... any day now....   I think that the
suggestion was to raise taxes in California on people over $250K (or
thereabouts) 3% which like you say they'd barely notice.  Some of them
will whine like it is 30% though.  It's probably only harm the sex
worker industry as the rich will have to cut back on their hooker visits.

And corporate taxes.  I can think of some excessively ridiculous parties
some of the big companies have thrown just for promotion.  Microsoft one
year took over Great America one evening back in the mid-90s for the
Game Developer Conference though I think Alex St. John got in trouble
with the Microsoft mucky-mucks for doing that.  These companies and
billionaires probably lose more in pocket change a year than they'll pay
in more taxes.