right....but "The Maharshi" (RM) didn't recognize the existence of "everything
else". There definitely is a Niche for such a Person as Ramana, totally
uncompromising in an Unconditional Self-orientation; but on the whole I prefer
a more progressive Path with signposts along the way (MMY being an example, at
least wrt the technique of TM).

For that reason, I thank the more recent contributors with their insights into
the "Light" nature of EnLIGHTenment; with expectations of further tidbits in
the future. Perhaps various descriptions of the "Light and Sound" nature of E.
can then be spliced onto the more Upanishadic body of Advaitic knowledge. As
for Patanjali,...I'd rather read the National Enquirer, but ymmv.
Once I had a paperback version of Patantaji's YS, I believe edited by Swami
Prabhavananda of the Vedanta Center. I sent it by mail to my Kriya Yoga Guru,
Swami Satyeswarananda; who then called me on the phone and in a rage,
threatened to sue me for sending it. (he was a lawyer back in India). But then
I later found out that he quoted the YS in his own books.  So go figure. The YS
can apparently make people act in odd ways. I'd stay away from it.
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2011/Alpha-Lubicz/Alpha_LG_Museum3.jpg