> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@> wrote:
> >
> > * * Many thanks, Barry! Loving time-travel as we both do, "the
> > wife" and I are going to see it tonight :-)
>
> I think you'll enjoy it. Are you old enough to remember
> Woody Allen's first screenplay? He didn't direct, but it
> was called "What's New Pussycat." In that film he had the
> hero (played by Peter O'Toole) and himself (played by...
> uh...himself) sit in a Paris cafe at which Van Gogh,
> Toulouse-Lautrec, and other famous Parisians were also
> sitting. So this fantasy has been with him for a long
> time.

* * I certainly remember the buzz around the movie, but I was nine at the time
and believe I missed the actual film. (I rather vividly recall a concomitant
Playboy article -- perhaps a pictorial on the film? -- entitled "What's Nude,
Pussycat?" with Peter Sellers and Ursula Andress.) I didn't know it was Allen's
first. As it's on WI at Netflix, I will have to watch it sometime soon, thanks!