This film is playing at the local artbarn but I don't see it on Vudu yet
(sometimes Roadside will put them there).  It's by the director of "Me,
You and Everything Else" which was a bit of a hit with folks here if I
recall right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_l05MZ9y8A

Story of a thirty-something couple whose decision to adopt a cat changes
their perspective on life, literally altering the course of time and
testing their faith in themselves and each other.

As for Terence Malick, I've read where some folks think there is no such
person but the name of a production company and team that makes those
movies.  That's why "Malick" doesn't show up for interviews.  In the
extras for "The New World" the cameraman was shown directing the
scenes.  Sorta like you can have a "ghost writer" you can have a "ghost
director."  I've mentioned before that I knew a very famous horror
writer than lived in the town near where I grew up.  He ran at the sight
of a camera and his publicist was played him on the book covers and at
signings.