--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > Science grows out of doubt. Religion grows out of wonder. Between
the two is philosophy; it has not yet decided -- it goes on hanging
between doubt and wonder. Sometimes the philosopher doubts and sometimes
the philosopher wonders: he is just in between. If he doubts too much,
by and by he becomes a scientist. If he wonders too much, by and by he
becomes religious. That's why philosophy is disappearing from the world
-- because ninety-nine percent of philosophers have become scientists.
And one person -- a Buber somewhere, or a Krishnamurti somewhere, or a
Suzuki somewhere -- great minds, great penetrating intellects, they have
become religious. Philosophy is almost losing its ground. Osho.

> But when/if LHC, a bit oxymoronically, "discovers" the "final
> chandas" (RSi-devataa-chandas), at least physicists are
> kinda "forced" to become religious??
>
> http://project-cernland.web.cern.ch/project-CERNland/

Well the deeper the more intelligent physicists study the Universe, the
more answers and a sense of wonder they are left with. It's only the
eunuch idiotic philosophers like Curtis that make a lot of noise. That's
why my Lover Pimp (LMNOP) scale has been such a wonderful practical
invention in weeding out pimps(intellectuals) from lovers.